1. Detailed Model vs Simulation Model
This example shows the steps to simplify a detailed model into simulation model.
- It is necessary to convert detailed models into models that can be simulated.
- Transform detailed parts into simpler surfaces.
- Delete duplicate objects and unnecessary parts (screws, inner parts, etc…).
- It is highly recommended to ensure a good continuity between neighbouring surfaces.
This is the detailed model. It has 3392 surfaces.
Figure: Detailed model
And this is the model that will be simulated. It has only 282 surfaces.
Figure: Simulation model