Description: This command select the surfaces of the first object that are contained in the second one (A inside B operation).
Inline mode usage:
- booleanInside -h: Displays the help file that summarizes the parameters for this command.
- booleanInside –s –objectA <list of names A> -objectB <list of names B>: Draws the parts of the surfaces listed in A that are contained in B.
Interactive mode usage:
- Invocation: booleanInside
- Surfaces of the 'objectA': selection of surfaces and objects of the first object.
- Surfaces of the 'objectB': selection of surfaces and objects of the second object.
Suppose we have the following geometry, which is the same as the created for example of the booleanDifference command:
Initial state of the geometry for the booleanInside command
With the booleanInside command it is posisble to obtain the surfaces of the small sphere that are contained inside the big sphere. To do this, we have to run the booleanInside command in the following way:
Select the surfaces of the 'objectA' on screen (Press enter when done): (Select the small sphere)
Select the surfaces of the 'objectB' on screen (Press enter when done): (Select the big sphere)
As usual, the command can be run in non-interactive mode by specifying the names of the objects:
command> booleanInside -s -objectA smallSphere -objectB bigSphere
The final result is shown in the next figure:
State of the geometry after the booleanInside operation