Description: This option allows the user to draw a curve that goes through a set of points by applying polynomial interpolation.
Inline mode usage:
- curveInterpolation -h: Displays the help file that summarizes the parameters for this command.
- curveInterpolation–n <name> -d <degree> -p <x y z>: Creates a curve named <name> with degree of the polynomial of <degree> and with points <x y z> used for the interpolation.
- curveInterpolation–n <name> -p <x y z>: Creates a curve named <name> with degree of the polynomial of 3 and with points <x y z> used for the interpolation.
Interactive mode usage:
- Invocation: curveInterpolation
- Degree of the curve: degree.
- The points used for defining the points of interpolation to form a curve. The number of points specified must minimally be (degree + 1) in order for the interpolation algorithm to work. To finish the insertion of points, press Enter.
Degree : 3 // (3+1) = 4 points required for interpolation to work.
Select curve points [Press Enter when done]
Point 0 [x y z]: 0 0 0
Point 1 [x y z]: 3 3 0
Point 2 [x y z]: 2 5 1
Point 3 [x y z]: 3 1 3
Point 4 [x y z]: