Description: This command allows the user to create a NURBS (Non-Uniform Rational Basis Spline) surface specifying its control points.
Inline mode usage:
- surface -h: Displays the help file that summarizes the parameters for this command.
- surface –n <name> -p <u> <v> <x y z>: Allows to create a NURBS surface.
Interactive mode usage:
- Invocation: surface
- Number of points in the u direction.
- Number of points in the v direction.
- The control points of the surface. For each u coordinate, a point for each v coordinate will be asked. The points are specified by entering its Cartesian (x, y and z) components and a weight parameter that indicates how much that point will pull the surface into it. All these values need to be separated by a blank space.
Points in u direction : 2
Points in v direction : 3
Point  [x y z w]: 0 2 3 1
Point  [x y z w]: 2 2 3 0.7
Point  [x y z w]: 2 0 3 1
Point  [x y z w]: 0 2 0 1
Point  [x y z w]: 2 2 0 0.7
Point  [x y z w]: 2 0 0 1
Resulting NURBS surface