If the Doppler simulation type has been selected in the Simulation Parameters panel, the Doppler option will be available. When this option is selected, the following panel will appear:
Doppler Parameters panel
In this panel, we can add Doppler Effect to objects in the geometry. To do this, select an object from the geometry view and press the Add button. The selected object will be added to the list of objects. It is possible to remove the Doppler Effect from an object by selecting it from the list and pressing the Remove button.
- Translation Parameters. Any object in the list could have a translation movement. Using this panel the user can define the linear velocity of the object for each coordinate. The Enabled/Disabled Translation check box must be selected.
- Rotation Parameters. Any object in the list could have a rotation movement. The Enabled/Disabled Rotation check box must be selected. Using this panel the user can define:
- First point axis: coordinates of the first point axis.
- Second point axis: coordinates of the second point axis.
- Speed: rotation speed.
- Advanced Options. Using this panel the user can define:
- Source velocity: Using this panel the user can define the linear velocity of the source for each coordinate.
- Observation Velocity: Using this panel the user can define the linear velocity of the observation for each coordinate.
- Frequency bin: defines the frequency resolution for de doppler shift analysis.
- FMCW. This option allows the user to compute Doppler Effect centered with the analysis of continuous wave FM radar. This option performs one meshing and one simulation for each of the periods defined considering the geometry located in the corresponding positions following the defined movements per unit of time and the periods for Doppler Effect. Using this panel the user can define:
- Period: Duration, in seconds, of the period of the FMCW wave.
- Number of periods: number of periods.
Once the parameters of the movement of one object have been defined, it is necessary to click on Save button in order to save this information and to assign it to the object selected.