The following panel will appear on the right side of the window in order to introduce the simulation parameters:
(Note that if the ISAR Image is selected, then in the Show Results Menu the user can visualize both Isar Image and the Range profile results)
ISAR Parameters panel
- Frequency Margin: In this section, the user will define the frequency operation, the bandwidth and the number of samples for the range of the ISAR image. Changing these parameters can yield more accurate results.
- ISAR –Angular Margin: The angular width and the number of samples for the cross range of the ISAR image are defined. The angular range and the number of samples can be modified to change the cross range size and the ISAR image resolution.
- The Range Resolution is proportional to the inverse of the frequency bandwidth
where c is the light speed and B the frequency Bandwith.
- The Cross Range Resolution is proportional to the inverse of the angular bandwidth
where Fc is the frequency of radar carrier and A is the angular margin.
- The Range Size is determined by the inverse of the frequency increment between contiguous frequency samples.
where Br=B/N, and N is the number of samples in the frequency band.
- The Cross Range Size is determined by the inverse of the angular increment between contiguous angular samples
where AN=A/Na, and Na is the number of samples in the angular margin.
Note that the range direction is along the radar LOS, whereas the cross-range direction is perpendicular to the LOS.