The Radiation Map is a diagram that shows show the scattered field by each region in the specified directions. It is only available when the Radiation Map has been set as Simulation type in the Simulation Parameters section.
The signal, which may be set with different shapes, is generated by every antenna source available in the simulation, and the delay process may be computed in multiple far field observation directions.
After running a Radiation Map type simulation, click on Show Results - View Radiation Map to open the Radiation Map results, and the following panel is shown:
Radiation Map results
Within this window, the following options are available:
- Step - Frequency: Select the results files to plot.
- Step: To specify the step results files when a parametric simulation has been run.
- Frequency: To specify the desired frequency results files when a frecuency sweep has been run.
- Magnitude: The radiation map may be represented in natural or dBs magnitudes.
- dBs: The radiation map is represeneted in logarithmic scale, given in dB-Volts per meter for electric field.
- nat: The radiation map is represeneted in natural scale, given in Volts per meter for electric field.
- Component: To specify the field component to plot and the observation direction to be considered:
- Global/Directional: Select the observation direction.
- Global: Only the Z axis direction is considered.
- Directional: The user may introduce the observation direction, defined by its spherical coordinates.
- Phi/Phi/Total: Select the field component of electric field to plot.
- Theta: Spherical theta angle to define the observation direction, in degrees. It is only enabled when de Directional mode is selected.
- Phi: Spherical phi angle to define the observation direction, in degrees. It is only enabled when de Directional mode is selected.
- Load: Confirm the selection to plot and update the diagram representation.
- Filtering Range: Use this section to skip results that are outside the desired range.
- Enable Filtering: The filter only is applied when this check box is selected.
- Max: To specify the maximum value of the range.
- Min: To specify the minimum value of the range.
- Filter: Click on this button to update the results filtering.
- Bottom Options: Below the radiation map diagram, the following options are included:
- Options: Disable this option to hide the left menu and visualize just the radiation map diagram.
- Show Axis: Enable this option to show the coordinate axes.
- Show Geometry: Enable this option to visualize the meshed geometry together the radiation map results.
- Save as: To export the representated results as an image file.