newFASANT is a powerful Electromagnetic Simulation Software tool to teach the principles and practices of EM engineering.
The use of newFASANT benefits students as they gain experience with a leading CEM tool widely used in industry. Academic institutions in turn can benefit through using newFASANT, by strengthening industrial ties.
newFASANT offers a broad range of computational electromagnetic techniques combined in one package:
- Method of Moments (MoM)
- Multi-level Fast Multipole Method (MLFMM)
- Physical Optics (PO),
- Geometrical Optics (GO)
- Geometrical Theory of Diffraction (GTD) and
- The hybridization of these techniques
Users have the freedom to solve a diverse set of electromagnetic problems with newFASANT's various numerical methods and hybridizations. Also students can use newFASANT to learn basic electromagnetic principles or to investigate the finer intricacies of the different CEM techniques.
newFASANT's sophisticated user interface with powerful visualization capabilities can help students grasp concepts such as radiation, far fields, near fields, resonance, gain, directivity, etc.
Students can use newFASANT simply to gain a better understanding of the sometimes abstract concepts involved, making use of newFASANT's comprehensive visualization capabilities through an easy-to-use GUI.
newFASANT has an advanced geometric editor which allows complex designs with an unlimited geometric sizes and unlimited number of surfaces without any external geometry editor. Its main features are:
- Boolean operations: Union, Intersection, Difference, XOR, Inside, Outside, Split.
- Supports Trimmed Nurbs Surfaces.
- Nurbs editor
- Array generations.
- Several File Import & Export: Nur (newFASANT format for NURBS), IGES, STEP, DXF, Msh (newFASANT mesh format), STL, and Nas (NASTRAN mesh format)
- New rendering method for curves and surfaces.
newFASANT's team are recognized pioneers’ in the application of high frequency techniques, ray-tracing, and MoM solutions using realistic representations of user geometries by means of models created by NURBS (non-uniform rational basis spline) algorithms.
newFASANT STUDENT VERSION is completely similar to the full professional version except that the STUDENT version is limited in terms of problem size:
- maximum of 50000 subdomains for the MoM approaches,
- 100 surfaces for the geometrical models of the scenarios and
- up to 25000 patch elements for the meshes.
With this limits students can work with most of their projects. Anybody can download the newFASANT student version; so, if you are interested, go ahead and download the newFASANT Students Version today!