After an intense development and testing time newFASANT is releasing the new 6.2.2 version of its electromagnetic analysis and simulation suite.
This new release improves many features compared to the old version, taking as the main goals the improvement of the simulation efficiency and the user-interface interaction.
It also introduces many new modeling functions, allowing the user to fix existing problems in the models to analyze. With this tools the user will also be able to build or rebuild objects to analyze if necessary.
newFASANT is introducing its new fully rebuilt GUI. This new interface, together with the new solvers, renders the suite into one of the most powerful EM simulation tools in the market today, allowing the user to address the most complex problems while making use of a tab-based navigation system and an interface where all the features are accessible from the main window.
New interface changes:
- Improved geometric file support: Import and export geometries with nur, iges, step, dxf, msh, stl, nas extensions.
- Command line input and scripting support for automated tasks: The GUI provides a powerful console to expedite building geometries. It also allows the users to automate tasks using scripts, which is a very useful function that improves working efficiency when repetitive tasks are involved.
- Parametrization: Every dimension value and/or any GUI object specification can be parametrized, which offers the ability to optimize every feature of a model.
- Better memory usage: Improved memory handling for a better user experience and for the reduction of hardware investment.
- Custom-post-processing of the simulation results: The users can generate an execute their own post-processing operations to obtain, in the simplest possible way, new results derived from the original ones returned by the kernel.
- Layers: Divide geometries into layers which can be hidden/shown, selected or have their color changed individually.
- Windows and linux support: This new version is available for both linux and windows systems with native support for x86 and amd64 (32 and 64 bits) architectures. This turns the suite into a perfect option for working environments with multiple workstation configurations.
- Much more: Mouse drawing, model selection, mouse pick tool, layers, tree navigation panel, reference plane…
Main changes in this version from last stable release v5.8.2:
- New interface
- Powerful packet of 3d modeling functions added.
- Major efficiency improvements in the mesher.
- FASANT kernel efficiency improvement
- PO Kernel performance improvement
- Chaff Kernel performance improvement
- Updated openMP kernel to allow volumetric analyses
- Added multipole antennas to FASANT kernel
- MONURBS module updated to allow multipole antennas usage without absolute paths
- CBFS updated
- POGCROS memory usage improved
- Fixed minor bugs